Organic Sculpture Collection


The Dream State
Wood, Hot Glue, Gel Medium, Ink, Wire, Yarn
5" x 2" x 8"











These sculptures entitled The Purple Window, Nightmare Catcher, and Inner Child were inspired by dreams and our ability to remember and control them. My intent was to visually communicate the different types of experiences that are possible through our sleep cycles. I wanted to focus on the colors being used in these pieces, along with the sillouhettes being created and what tone they translate. I felt that due to the short amount of time we had to create these pieces, they lacked the amount of detail I wanted to include. I want to keep exploring the research behind our sleep cycles and what makes us experience what we do while we are asleep. The making of this work exposed me to new ideas such as visually communicating feelings and tones translated through sleep states. 

Silvia Heger

Julian Watts

Elsa Mora


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity I Admire