Memento



Pine O'Clock

Pinecone, Resin, Clock Hands

3" x 3" x .5"

This piece was inspired by a memory with a fond memory of a pine tree behind our old home. Me and my sisters made it a consistent activity of ours to consistently collect all of the pinecones for ourselves. To translate this memory I went out and collected a pinecone, sliced, sanded, and used resin to seal it. The pinecone was used to represent how often times the most complex things don't seem to be so from their surface. The resin represents how making this piece seals the memory for me to take with me. I used the hands of a clock drilled into the center to represent how this was a memory from when I was far younger. I chose to create this piece so the clock hands could still move, I did this to represent how I wish I could go back to this memory and relive that sense of innocence again. My favorite part of this piece is that natural complex pattern that is revealed when the pinecone is cut into slices.

Anthony Roussel

https://anthonyrousseljewellery.tumblr.com/post/100984160222

Marco Tirelli

https://socks-studio.com/2014/12/08/i-grew-up-here-but-i-never-felt-entirely-part-of-it-marco-tirellis-tiny-sculptures/



Chris Weaver

chrisweaver.co.nz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity I Admire